Video your trading with screen recording software

Videoing my trading has helped me hugely. It means I can track what I am doing well and not well, I can analyse how different markets behave. I often watch some of the previous day's trades before starting my afternoon's trading to get my mind focused and ready for the first race.

I find it very motivational to watch back some of my good trades as well as learning from the poor ones. Part of the reason my average profit per trade has increased is because when I reviewed my winning trades I realised I was leaving huge amounts of profit on the table - i.e. getting out of trades way way too early. 

Yesterday my best trade increased my trading bank by 13% fully greened-up. If I could do more trades approaching that level and some better, then over a good afternoon I should be able to easily hit my target of increasing my bank 100% even with a strike-rate of 75%. This wouldn't always be scalable to the stakes that the big traders are using other than on Saturdays and other high-volume markets - I only use a few hundred, but this strategy suits me far more than risking thousands to make smaller percentages.

Update Dec 2020: There's various screen recording software available for free.  One I've tried is FlashBack Express 5 but your mileage may vary as they say.  I'll just mention that if you download anything from the site download dot com then be very careful what you click during the install or you'll get all sorts of bloatware and maybe worse also installed.

3 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I accidently erased your comment earlier on my blog! Fat fingers on my blackberry! Apologies! Thankyou for taking the time to write a comment, if you have time to re-write the comment, I would appreciate that greatly, I shall look after it this time!!
    I'm also a big fan of recording my trades, there's so much going on in my mind I miss things, and sometimes rush into an entry, and on review I'm like "what made me think the price was gonna spiral there?!" It's also nice to sometimes look back and agree with my entry/exit.

    Be well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jace,

    I agree! It's funny how differently opportunities can appear upon review. Sometimes it's down to being in the elusive "zone" as Mark Douglas would put it.
    I'll repost my comment although I can only half remember it!
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thanks for the info on the codecs. I had tried camstudio before, but gave up with the huge file sizes. The Xvid MPG4 one certainly is better.

    Thanks

    Peter

    ReplyDelete