Denman, you beauty!

What a performance by Denman today! Seeing Paul Nicholls choked with emotion after the race brings home how much this horse means to people. Being a trader it is easy to let most horses pass you by, but the rollercoaster-ride of results with Denman make it a special horse to follow and I was really rooting for him to win.

Harry Findlay had said on ATR and The Morning Line that its fate should be clear after the first few fences and after brushing through one of the early ones the odds did drift a little and I made a small profit on a trade. After 6 or more fences I thought I was missing something because it still wasn't clear to me whether things were 100%. In the end I just had a little tickle as he jumped the last - I couldn't see him losing then, top weight or not - as I couldn't bear to miss having a bet on such an historic win! I was pleased to hear that Harry Findlay was also surprised by how Denman raced, only getting his rhythm in the latter stages of the race.



Roll on the Cheltenham Gold Cup! I see Kauto Star is still favourite so it should be an absolute thriller. I hope they both arrive in peak form so there are no excuses, but a fabulous contest.

2 comments:

  1. Hi MG,

    Cracking blog, would it be possible to exchange links.

    http://payingtherent.wordpress.com/

    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I like the theme of your blog, good luck! MG

    ReplyDelete