Frankel franks a remarkable day!

Wow, that was quite a time to take my first visit to Newmarket! It was remarkable to see Frankel putting the field to the sword by halfway.  It was audacious to see him pushed clear so early and clearly connections hoped that this was going to be a tremendous win.  And that it was.

It was a great atmosphere at Newmarket and I got to see all the key players in the paddock before the 2,000 Guineas.

 Frankel before his 6 length blitz.



It was great to hear some banter between some Irish punters next to me being taken in good spirit by Tom Queally.


Cool to see the legend that is Aidan O'Brien leading round Roderic O'Connor.

I lost overall on my bets - 1 winner (not Frankel, I couldn't take those odds!), 1 placed, 2 losers and 2 unplaced.  I even studied the form for a few minutes before each race(!).  Back to trading on Monday - FAR easier!!!


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, shame you don't update more often.

    ReplyDelete