Benefits of analysing your P&L easily with Results Summary Spreadsheet

'Horse Racing' tab in the Results Summary Spreadsheet (v3)


Many thanks to all the current purchasers of the Results Summary spreadsheet!  It would be great to hear more from traders and gamblers who've used it to improve their profits.

For me, I was haemorrhaging money on flat races (in-play trading) which I wasn't aware of - a classic gambler's case of remembering the big wins and forgetting all the losers! Because I was only looking at the overall P&L things looked good.  I also had a major "leak" on maiden hurdles at certain courses (in-play trading). Both these problems were very easy to see once I developed this functionality in the spreadsheet - at the press of a button your horse racing P&L is split between flat and jumps, you can then see splits by racecourse, distance, race type, date and you can also filter all of these.  For example, you could see all the maiden hurdle races split by racecourse, or distance, sorted by profitability.  The flexibility is really great and enables you to see what's really going on.


It's also invaluable to be able to compare profitability across all the sports you trade.  Sometimes when there was a big tournament on, for example, snooker or darts and they clashed with racing I wasn't sure if it was worth my while to trade them - but now I do!  I can see that my average return on snooker is way higher than racing - so I give snooker preference when it's on.  It's not that I have made more in total on snooker than racing - but on the days it's on, it's more profitable for me to trade it than the horses - and it's a nice change of pace too!  For you it may be tennis for example, it doesn't matter, you can see all the sports you trade compared in the Results Summary spreadsheet.  You can even compare year-on-year results to see if you did better on this year's tournament than the last ones!

How much is it worth to you to find out a way of radically reducing your losses and increasing your profits? £5? £1000?  Well the spreadsheet doesn't cost that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment